project {2015}

Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 initial assessment


I'll be honest, I "think" this blog was created over a year ago. It took me (1) year to actually post something to this blog. This is the kind of blogger I am, not a very efficient one.

Like with anything else in the new year I felt it was appropriate to turn a new leaf, which naturally meant starting a new blog. But its actually much more than that.

2014 was a year filled with inner healing and adjustment. I allowed myself to ponder (translation counseling) and be distracted (translation neglected housework) for most of the year. This, is not my usual self. My usual self would've maximized the year to indulge in all the interests and passion I've jotted in the above scratch pad. But no, 2014 was the year I would be anything but myself. 2014 was the year I would regroup and reassess and realign myself with not only God but with the most important person in my life: me.

Therefore with the year ending I came to a place of starting over not because of the new last digit in the new year but because it is time, it has to be, I feel it is, and 2014 was enough. I am so ready for 2015 and to be myself again.

I had to ask myself what this space will look like. If it will have a direction or intention or objective or mood or anything a proper blog needs to be. Then the above inspiration board aka doodling on last of tissue paper (I recycle them all) came about then the birth of this very first post to this blog. Now I realize I need to spend some generous time to customize this space, let's face it the design of this template is quite archaic. But of course I probably will not have the time to freshen up my html nor to design a banner any time soon. I will work on it though, I like the idea of this place being a work in progress and evolving not only in content but design. As a former graphic designer it annoys me how simple this layout is but I see that as a challenge. Plus I eventually will need to start taking normal pictures again and take my Rebel out of the closet (NOT on my blackberry) which also means in general I will have to take care of this space.

This space will simply be a space for me to share any of what I have jotted down above and to expand on which I have neglected to remember (beach, red wine, European farm table, and coffee, oh yes coffee and coffee and coffee).

This is going to be fun, I am a project driven person and this blog itself will be one large mountain of a project for the year 2015.

Happy new year 2015, let us try to be nice to eachother!
-j

p.s. Rambo is our dog and Monkey is also our dog. We are proud parents (yes we are one of those folks) of 2 rescue dogs of unknown breeds of unknown age.

No comments:

Post a Comment