I. Make. Stuff

Sunday, January 11, 2015

I make stuff.

I was never a great drawer. Even when I did eventually major in art, illustration was my least favorite course. There is something intimidating and vulnerable about doodling and drawing and expressing yourself visually isn't there?

However I simply like making stuff. I enjoy exploring different mediums and often at times my interests are evolving. Honestly, I couldn't have picked a more high maintenance hobby (ahem, expensive)

These are some of my projects I'm shooting for this year, I'm allowing myself the entire year so I don't think that's aiming too high right?

-Film
My old print and contact sheet, I really enjoy shooting film but its much more time consuming than I would like. I'm hoping to experiment on film more this year.

-Crocheting
In 2014 I made 4 oversized infinity cowls which were all gifted. I have 1 more I need to finish and will still have quite a bit of yarn left so I'm brainstorming on how to recycle them altogether and make 1 large project. Maybe a lap blanket...

-Quilting
Hallelujah~ I hear the choir singing as my brand new sewing machine (still in its plastic) is in its shrine aka craft room aka fairy room. I'm giving myself the entire year to finish this project of quilting a lap blanket so I'm not feeling rushed.
Man, I love these fabrics so much I just don't know if I can bring myself to butcher them to pieces!

-Fairy room is the craft room
What I need to do this in room is 1) Clean 2) Organize 3) Paint
I have refused to paint because I haven't cleaned and definitely its not as organized as it needs to be. I just have too much of everything in this room which makes it quite daunting for me to do 1) & 2). But I really need to streamline and somehow make it more efficient so that I can work in it easily. Its just, I have too many different types of mediums and materials in there that makes it impossible to minimalize it anymore than it is.
 

-Drawing
This is my absolute achilles heel. I get too impatient and frantic when I draw anything. I also get super self-conscious which is weird why but I simply need to just sketch more this year.
 
-Painting
Ahhh, painting. The last time I painted was this oversized painting I did when we first moved in, 5 or 6 years ago. I love painting but it just requires so much of discipline on my part to prep because I'm that lazy. I would like to paint more, its quite therapeutic throwing paint and mixing and getting messy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment